Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date: 2021-10-14 04:27:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 4:51 AM John Naylor
<john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/LDAP.framework/Headers/ldap.h:1:10: error: #include nested too deeply
> #include <ldap.h>
> ^

I vaguely recall that PostgreSQL should build OK against Apple's copy
of OpenLDAP. That recursive include loop is coming from a "framework"
header that contains just a couple of lines like #include <ldap.h> to
try to include the real header, which should also be in the include
path, somewhere like
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.3.sdk/usr/include/ldap.h.
I think we'd need to figure out where that
-I/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/LDAP.framework/Headers
directive is coming from and get rid of it, so we can include the real
header directly.