Re: pg_upgrade fails with non-standard ACL

From: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Arthur Zakirov <zaartur(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Grigory Smolkin <g(dot)smolkin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade fails with non-standard ACL
Date: 2020-06-11 16:58:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 08.06.2020 19:31, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2020-Jun-08, Anastasia Lubennikova wrote:
>
>> In this version I rebased test patches,  added some more comments, fixed
>> memory allocation issue and also removed code that handles ACLs on
>> languages. They require a lot of specific handling, while I doubt that their
>> signatures, which consist of language name only, are subject to change in
>> any future versions.
> I'm thinking what's a good way to have a test that's committable. Maybe
> it would work to add a TAP test to pg_upgrade that runs initdb, does a
> few GRANTS as per your attachment, then runs pg_upgrade? Currently the
> pg_upgrade tests are not TAP ... we'd have to revive
> https://postgr.es/m/20180126080026.GI17847@paquier.xyz
> (Some progress was already made on the buildfarm front to permit this)

I would be glad to add some test, but it seems to me that the infrastructure
changes for cross-version pg_upgrade test is much more complicated task than
this modest bugfix.  Besides, I've read the discussion and it seems that
Michael
is not going to continue this work.

Attached v10 patch contains more fix for uninitialized variable.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_upgrade_ACL_test.sh application/x-shellscript 3.1 KB
pg_upgrade_ACL_check_v10.patch text/x-patch 14.0 KB
test_rename_catalog_objects_v10 text/plain 49.5 KB
test_add_acl_to_catalog_objects.sql application/sql 436 bytes