Re: seawasp failing, maybe in glibc allocator

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: seawasp failing, maybe in glibc allocator
Date: 2021-05-15 06:41:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Andres,

It finally failed with a core on 8f72bba, in llvm_shutdown, AFAIKS in a
free while doing malloc-related housekeeping.

My guess is that there is an actual memory corruption somewhere. It is
unobvious whether it is in bleeding-edge llvm or bleeding-edge postgres
though.

The issue is non-deterministically triggered in contrib checks, either in
int or ltree, but not elsewhere. This suggests issues specific to these
modules, or triggered by these modules. Hmmm…

I've just launched a run with valgrind enabled.

--
Fabien.