Re: Add table access method as an option to pgbench

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: David Zhang <david(dot)zhang(at)highgo(dot)ca>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add table access method as an option to pgbench
Date: 2020-11-26 07:29:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello David,

> The previous patch was based on branch "REL_13_STABLE". Now, the attached new
> patch v2 is based on master branch. I followed the new code structure using
> appendPQExpBuffer to append the new clause "using TABLEAM" in a proper
> position and tested. In the meantime, I also updated the pgbench.sqml file to
> reflect the changes.

My 0.02€: I'm fine with the added feature.

The patch lacks minimal coverage test. Consider adding something to
pgbench tap tests, including failures (ie non existing method).

The option in the help string is not at the right ab place.

I would merge the tableam declaration to the previous one with a extended
comments, eg "tablespace and access method selection".

escape_tableam -> escaped_tableam ?

--
Fabien.