Re: 2018-03 Commitfest Summary (Andres #1)

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2018-03 Commitfest Summary (Andres #1)
Date: 2018-03-07 09:12:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>>> Indeed. AFAICR you did it before, I think that I reviewed it, it was not a
>>> period for which I had a lot of available time, and I did not feel it was
>>> something that urgent to fix because there was no practical impact. I
>>> would
>>> have done it later, probably.
>>
>> It's still not fixed.
>
> Then I apologise: I definitely missed something. I'll look into it, although
> it may be yet another patch submission.

After investigation, my memory was indeed partly failing. I mixed your
point with the handling of int_min / -1 special case which was committed
some time ago.

In your initial mail you stated that you were going to send a patch for
that shortly, and I concluded that I would certainly review it. I would
not start developing a patch if someone said they would do it. No patch
has been sent after 3 months. I can do it sometime in the future, although
it would be yet another small patch submission from me which you like to
criticise.

I'll answer on the technical point in the initial thread. I agree that the
strtoint64 function which does not handle min int is not great.

--
Fabien.