Re: pgbench: Skipping the creating primary keys after initialization

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench: Skipping the creating primary keys after initialization
Date: 2017-09-21 08:23:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Masahiko-san,

>> ISTM that you probably intended "\(.*\)" (actual parenthesis) instead of
>> "(.*)" (memorization) in the data generation message check.
>
> Thank you, fixed it.
>
>> Otherwise all is well for me.
>>

> Attached the updated version patch.

Applies, compiles, make check & tap test ok, doc is fine.

All is well for me: the feature is useful, code is simple and clean, it is
easy to invoke, easy to extend as well, which I'm planning to do once it
gets in.

I switched the patch to "Ready for Committers". No doubt they will have
their own opinions about it. Let's wait and see.

Thanks,

--
Fabien.