Re: pgbench more operators & functions

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench more operators & functions
Date: 2016-10-05 09:03:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I've got no objection to a more-nearly-TPC-B script as an option.

Good, because adding a "per-spec" tpc-b as an additional builtin option is
one of my intentions, once pgbench is capable of it.

> But why do you feel the need to pull the default script out into
> a separate file? Seems to me that just adds maintenance complexity,
> and the need for pgbench to have a notion of a library directory,
> for little gain.

I tend to agree on this point. Now it could be possible to make pgbench
look for "builtin" scripts in a predefined location so that they are found
easilly, but I'm not sure there would be a significant added value wrt the
current status.

--
Fabien.