Re: pgbench more operators & functions

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench more operators & functions
Date: 2016-10-05 12:36:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Fabien,

* Fabien COELHO (coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr) wrote:
> >I've got no objection to a more-nearly-TPC-B script as an option.
>
> Good, because adding a "per-spec" tpc-b as an additional builtin
> option is one of my intentions, once pgbench is capable of it.

I believe it would be really helpful to have the more-nearly-TPC-B
script written using these new capabilities of pgbench to see that
a) the new capabilities actually allow for this, b) there aren't other
things which are needed, c) to provide an actual use-case for these new
capabilities.

Thanks!

Stephen