Re: getSuperTables

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Paolo Ambrosio <p(dot)ambrosio(at)tecnoteca(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: getSuperTables
Date: 2010-04-30 22:01:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Paolo Ambrosio wrote:

> I need the JDBC3 method getSuperTables for a software I'm working on.
>
> I am attaching the patch and I would appreciate if someone could take a
> look at it, and perhaps commit it into the cvs repository.

The JDBC javadoc for getSuperTables [1] is kind of odd. It says:

Supertables have to be defined in the same catalog and schema
as the sub tables. Therefore, the type description does not
need to include this information for the supertable.

This seems like an odd restriction based on some other database, but it is
not the case in PG. I guess we have to follow it though because there
really isn't any place to indicate the schema if it isn't the same as the
sub-table. Please update your patch to include this restriction.

Also your patch should be in context diff format (use "cvs diff -c").

Kris Jurka