Re: Potentially annoying question about date ranges (part 2)

From: Eberhard Lisse <nospam(at)lisse(dot)NA>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Potentially annoying question about date ranges (part 2)
Date: 2006-10-03 05:04:35
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

I have a similar question,

I receive payments, but not every day (or even every week),
and I would like see how much I receive per week and/or per
month. I also need to compare different years.

I also would like to see what the (accumulated) sum of the
payments is at the end of a given week, month.

And then of course I would like to show this to someone, ie
make a graph. X-Axis 12 months (or 52 weeks). Left X-Axis the amounts
for the bars which should be in different colors (per month/bar), right
Y-Axis the amounts for the totals as a line (so that the bars don't
become too flat).

If such a combined graph is not possible/feasible, I could live with
one plot each per year.

I got the usual tools on the Mac, including R, gnuplot and fink.

any help would be appreciated.

el

--
If you want to email me, replace nospam with el