Optimizing queries

From: "Work" <sbhatt(at)installs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Optimizing queries
Date: 2002-06-19 18:44:33
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-php

Hi ,

I am a newbie to the world of Postgres, I am currently optimizing
PHP/Postgres applications. My problem is that I have a query that throws
certain rowsets and depending on these values I loop other tables to get the
desired columns. I am using a heavy for-loop for this purpose, within the
for-loop I have further sub-queries, so that for every loop iteration I
execute these sub-queries, I dont see a way to reorganize this structure.
Can somebody suggest a better way.

Thanks
Regards
Sid