Logging idle checkpoints

From: Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Logging idle checkpoints
Date: 2017-10-01 22:19:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I recently had a sad because I noticed that checkpoint counts were
increasing in pg_stat_bgwriter, but weren't accounted for in my logs
with log_checkpoints enabled.

After some searching, I found that it was the idle checkpoints that
weren't being logged. I think this is a missed trick in 6ef2eba3f57.

Attached is a one-liner fix. I realize how imminent we are from
releasing v10 but I hope there is still time for such a minor issue as this.
--
Vik Fearing +33 6 46 75 15 36

Attachment Content-Type Size
log-idle-checkpoints.patch text/x-patch 479 bytes