Re: WIP: About CMake v2

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Christian Convey <christian(dot)convey(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Yury Zhuravlev <u(dot)zhuravlev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Date: 2016-08-18 20:46:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 8/18/16 4:23 PM, Christian Convey wrote:
> What standard would you suggest for those platforms which don't have
> an obvious default version of CMake?

In the olden days, when many platforms we supported didn't come with GNU
make or other GNU tools or even a compiler, we collected a lot of
practical information about where to get these things. You can see most
of that at
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/installation-platform-notes.html>.

That's at least the spirit of things. I wouldn't worry about this so
much right now. Get it working first.