Re: Packages: Again

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
Cc: Serge Rielau <serge(at)rielau(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Wolfgang Wilhelm <wolfgang20121964(at)yahoo(dot)de>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Packages: Again
Date: 2017-01-20 16:01:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/17/2017 09:26 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com> wrote:
>> MERGE isn't UPSERT, and isn't even in competition with UPSERT as a
>> feature. I've written reams of text explaining why this is so in
>> precise detail, ...

Hello,

This is the webinar that started this whole thread (well the original
thread, not this weird MERGE/UPSERT stuff):

https://www.commandprompt.com/blog/postgresql_for_oracle_people/

Thank you to everyone that responded. You will see in this Webinar that
at least from the Oracle people perspective, PostgreSQL is not an option
unless it has packages.

The other item that people bring up a few times is Oracle Forms but as
that is actually external (although dependent) on Oracle, I don't see
that as our responsibility.

Sincerely,

JD

--