Re: Unacccented Fractions

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unacccented Fractions
Date: 2017-03-22 02:05:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3/13/17 23:01, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> I noticed that unaccent.rules has spaces in front of the unaccented representation of fraction glyphs:

> This makes sense to me, as I’d like “1¼”, for example to become “1 1/4”. However, that’s not what seems to happen:

These leading spaces come all the way from the input files that are used
to produce the unaccent rules, where they are presumably put for exactly
the reason you point out. However, the unaccent lexer is not prepared
for that. It just looks for any amount of whitespace separating the two
data columns. So that might have to be fixed.