Unacccented Fractions

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Unacccented Fractions
Date: 2017-03-14 03:01:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Hackers,

I noticed that unaccent.rules has spaces in front of the unaccented representation of fraction glyphs:

¼ 1/4
½ 1/2
¾ 3/4

Note the space after the tab. In case my client kills what I’ve pasted, those lines match

¼\t[ ]1/4
½\t[ ]1/2
¾\t[ ]3/4

This makes sense to me, as I’d like “1¼”, for example to become “1 1/4”. However, that’s not what seems to happen:

=# SELECT unaccent('1¼');
unaccent
11/4

Should that space from the rules file be preserved, so that the text doesn’t become eleven fourths?

Thanks,

David