Re: Disallow SSL compression?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Disallow SSL compression?
Date: 2021-03-03 14:14:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03.03.21 11:31, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 26 Feb 2021, at 20:34, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
>
>> Attached is a v2 which retains the sslcompression parameter for backwards
>> compatibility.
>

> And now a v3 which fixes an oversight in postgres_fdw as well as adds an SSL
> TAP test to cover deprecated parameters.

Per your other thread, you should also remove the environment variable.

In postgres_fdw, I think commenting it out is not the right change. The
other commented out values are still valid settings but are omitted from
the test for other reasons. It's not entirely all clear, but we don't
have to keep obsolete stuff in there forever.