Re: new function for tsquery creartion

From: Dmitry Ivanov <d(dot)ivanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Aleksandr Parfenov <a(dot)parfenov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: new function for tsquery creartion
Date: 2018-03-26 08:51:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Recently I worked with the old version of the patch and found a bug.
> So, I think it is better to notify you immediately, so you can fix it
> in
> rebased/revised version.
>
> I noticed, that operator AROUND(N) works only
> in case of non-negative operands. If any of the operands is negative,
> it
> behaves as phrase operator <N>. It is caused by lack of TS_NOT_EXAC
> flag and AROUND(N) operator check in function TS_phrase_execute in
> branches for negated operands.

Good to know, thanks! To be honest, I' sure that Theodor is right: it's
better to implement AROUND(N) operator using <N, M> when it's committed.
The following version of patch won't support AROUND(N). I have to fix a
few more questionable things, though.

--
Dmitry Ivanov
The Russian Postgres Company