Re: [Code Cleanup] : Small code cleanup in twophase.sql

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Nishant Sharma <nishant(dot)sharma(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Code Cleanup] : Small code cleanup in twophase.sql
Date: 2023-10-10 06:04:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 06:31:42PM +0530, Nishant Sharma wrote:
> To support it I have below points:-
>
> 1) Grepping this table 'test_prepared_savepoint' shows occurrences
> only in twophase.out & twophase.sql files. This means that table is
> local to that sql test file and not used in any other test file.
>
> 2) I don't see any comment on why this was not added in the cleanup
> section of twophase.sql, but drop for other two test tables are done.
>
> 3) I ran "make check-world" with the patch and I don't see any failures.

Note that sometimes tables are left around in the regression tests for
pg_upgrade, so as we can test dedicated upgrade paths for some object
types. But, here, I think you're right: this is not a table that
matters for an upgrade and the end of the test file also expects a
cleanup. So okay for me to drop this table here.
--
Michael