Re: Support worker_spi to execute the function dynamically.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Masahiro Ikeda <ikedamsh(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support worker_spi to execute the function dynamically.
Date: 2023-07-26 00:02:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 05:38:45PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Which is basically the same thing with TAP except that these are
> grouped now? The value of a few raw SQL queries with a
> NO_INSTALLCHECK does not strike me as enough on top of having to
> maintain two different sets of tests. I'd still choose the cheap and
> extensible path here.

I've been sleeping on that a bit more, and I'd still go with the
refactoring where we initialize one cluster and have all the tests
done by TAP, for the sake of being much cheaper without changing the
coverage, while being more extensible when it comes to introduce tests
for the follow-up patch on custom wait events.
--
Michael