Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!

From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
To: "Gregory Stark (as CFM)" <stark(dot)cfm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date: 2023-03-17 14:56:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 02:29:26PM -0400, Gregory Stark (as CFM) wrote:
> 1) Move it yourself to the next CF (or withdraw it)
> 2) Post to the list with any pending questions asking for specific
> feedback -- it's much more likely to get feedback than just a generic
> "here's a patch plz review"...
> 3) Mark it Ready for Committer and possibly post explaining the
> resolution to any earlier questions to make it easier for a committer
> to understand the state
>
> If there's still no emails on these at some point I suppose it will
> make sense to move them out of the CF.

> * Avoid hiding shared filesets in pg_ls_tmpdir (pg_ls_* functions for
> showing metadata ...)

My patch. I don't care if it's in v1[3456], but I wish it would somehow
progress - idk what else is needed. I wrote this after Thomas Munro +1
my thinking that it's absurd for pg_ls_tmpdir() to not show [shared]
filesets in tempdirs...

> * CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned table

My patch. I think there's agreement that this patch is ready, except
that it's waiting on the bugfix for the progress reporting patch. IDK
if there's interest in this, but it'd be a good candidate for v16.

> * basebackup: support zstd long distance matching

My patch. No discussion, but I'm hopeful and don't see why this
shouldn't be in v16.

> * warn if GUC set to an invalid shared library

My patch. I'm waiting for feedback on 0001, which has gotten no
response. I moved it.

> * ALTER TABLE and CLUSTER fail to use a BulkInsertState for toast tables

My patch. There's been no recent discussion, so I guess I'll postpone
it for v17.

> * Check consistency of GUC defaults between .sample.conf and pg_settings.boot_val

IDK what's needed to progress this; If left here, since it will cause
*this* patch to fail if someone else forgets to add a new GUC to the
sample config. Which is odd.

--
Justin