Re: pgbackrest Help Required

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Inzamam Shafiq <inzamam(dot)shafiq(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbackrest Help Required
Date: 2022-09-27 15:39:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

* Inzamam Shafiq (inzamam(dot)shafiq(at)hotmail(dot)com) wrote:
> I am in process of configuring pgbackrest, I have followed documents and configured backup from backup server. I have a setup of Primary and Hot Standby, when I configured pgbackrest the standby DB got un-synced and now I am unable to recover it, can anyone help or share a good document where we can implement pgbackrest where streaming replication is already in place using traditional pg_basebackup method?
>
> Note: I want to configure pgbackrest and to take backup from standby DB, however streaming replication is already there, where the archive and restore commands are configured using traditional zip method.

Not sure what 'traditional zip method' means here, but if you've copied
the shell script out of the documentation, that's not a safe
configuration.

In configuration of pgbackrest, simply configure each of the PG hosts
and the repo and then set backup-standby=y. You'll need to make sure
that the archive_command is set to pgbackrest, of course. Having an
existing streaming replication setup is perfectly fine and pgbackrest
won't interfere with that. You will want to set your restore command
to pgbackrest also though, in case streaming fails.

Thanks,

Stephen