Re: Bump MIN_WINNT to 0x0600 (Vista) as minimal runtime in 16~

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bump MIN_WINNT to 0x0600 (Vista) as minimal runtime in 16~
Date: 2022-09-11 00:28:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 09, 2022 at 08:11:09PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Based on what I can see, the Windows animals seem to have digested
> 47bd0b3 (cygwin, MinGW and MSVC), so I think that we are good.

The last part that's worth adjusting is ldap_start_tls_sA(), which
would lead to the attached simplification. The MinGW headers list
this routine, so like the previous change I think that it should be
safe for such builds.

Looking at the buildfarm animals, bowerbird, jacana, fairywren,
lorikeet and drongo disable ldap. hamerkop is the only member that
provides coverage for it, still that's a MSVC build.

The CI provides coverage for ldap as it is enabled by default and
windows_build_config.pl does not tell otherwise, but with the existing
animals we don't have ldap coverage under MinGW.

Anyway, I'd like to apply the attached, and I don't quite see why it
would not work after 47bd0b3 under MinGW. Any thoughts?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
win32-ldap-funccall.patch text/x-diff 2.2 KB