Re: Logging query parmeters in auto_explain

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Logging query parmeters in auto_explain
Date: 2022-06-28 07:54:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 12:27:57PM +0100, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> I forgot to mention, I also changed the order of the query and
> parameters, so that they can more naturally be left out when no changes
> are needed.

I can see that, and I have added $node as an extra parameter of the
routine. After putting my hands on that, it also felt a bit unnatural
to do the refactoring of the tests and the addition of the new GUC in
the same patch, so I have split things as the attached. The amount of
coverage is still the same but it makes the integration of the feature
easier to follow.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0001-Refactor-TAP-test-of-auto_explain.patch text/x-diff 3.7 KB
v5-0002-Log-query-parameters-in-auto_explain.patch text/x-diff 7.3 KB