Re: More time spending with "delete pending"

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Subject: Re: More time spending with "delete pending"
Date: 2021-07-09 05:52:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 08, 2021 at 11:00:00PM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> Beside the aforementioned test I can only propose the extended patch,
> that incorporates the undo of the changes brought by bed90759f.
> With this patch that test is passed.

Checked and confirmed. It is a nice test with IPC::Run you have here.
Making things in win32stat.c more consistent with open.c surely is
appealing. One thing that I'd like to introduce in this patch, and
also mentioned upthread, is to change the stat() call in open.c to use
microsoft_native_stat().

I have let pgbench run for a couple of hours with some concurrent
activity using genfile.c, without noticing problems. My environment
is not representative of everything we can find out there on Windows,
but it brings some confidence.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
win32-stat-deletion.patch text/x-diff 6.1 KB