Re: More time spending with "delete pending"

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Subject: Re: More time spending with "delete pending"
Date: 2021-07-09 18:00:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Michael,
09.07.2021 08:52, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2021 at 11:00:00PM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
>> Beside the aforementioned test I can only propose the extended patch,
>> that incorporates the undo of the changes brought by bed90759f.
>> With this patch that test is passed.
> Checked and confirmed. It is a nice test with IPC::Run you have here.
> Making things in win32stat.c more consistent with open.c surely is
> appealing. One thing that I'd like to introduce in this patch, and
> also mentioned upthread, is to change the stat() call in open.c to use
> microsoft_native_stat().
>
> I have let pgbench run for a couple of hours with some concurrent
> activity using genfile.c, without noticing problems. My environment
> is not representative of everything we can find out there on Windows,
> but it brings some confidence.
Thank you! I agree with your improvement. I can't remember why did I
inject 'include "port.h"' in genfile.c.
Today I've rechecked all the chain of includes and I see that stat() is
redefined as _pgstat64() in win32_port.h, that includes <sys/stat.h>.
genfile.c includes "postgres.h" (that includes win32_port.h indirectly)
and then includes <sys/stat.h> again, but the later include should be
ignored due "#pragma once" in stat.h.
So I have no objection to the removal of that include.

Best regards,
Alexander