Re: Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Hubert Zhang <zhubert(at)vmware(dot)com>, tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode
Date: 2021-06-10 00:46:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 12:05:10PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Here's a draft patch that renames regress_ecpg_user2 to ecpg2_regression,
> which matches the name of one of the databases used, allowing the test
> cases with defaulted database name to succeed. That gets rid of one of
> the problematic diffs.

Yeah, I agree that this does not matter much for this one, as we want
to stress the quotes and the grammar for the connections here, as
99a5619 implies. It is good to check for the failure path as well, so
what you have here looks fine to me.

> As it stood, though, that meant that connect/test5
> wasn't exercising the connection-failure code path at all, which didn't
> seem like what we want. So I adjusted the second place that had been
> failing to again fail on no-such-database, and stuck in gssencmode=disable
> so that we shouldn't get any test diff on hamerkop.

Using ecpg2_regression for the role goes a bit against the recent rule
to not create any role not suffixed by "regress_" as part of the
regression tests, but I am fine to live with that here.

The changes for test1 with MinGW look right, I have not been able to
test them.
--
Michael