Re: Error on pgbench logs

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: rulyox(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error on pgbench logs
Date: 2021-06-09 03:46:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 08, 2021 at 06:59:04PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> The cause is that the time unit is changed to usec but the patch
> forgot to convert agg_interval into the same unit in doLog. I tempted
> to change it into pg_time_usec_t but it seems that it is better that
> the unit is same with other similar variables like duration.

As the option remains in seconds, I think that it is simpler to keep
it as an int, and do the conversion where need be. It would be good
to document that agg_interval is in seconds where the variable is
defined.

- while (agg->start_time + agg_interval <= now)
+ while (agg->start_time + agg_interval * 1000000 <= now)
In need of a cast with (int64), no?

The other things are "progress" and "duration". These look correctly
handled to me.
--
Michael