Re: pgsql: Move tablespace path re-creation from the makefiles to pg_regres

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Move tablespace path re-creation from the makefiles to pg_regres
Date: 2021-05-18 00:26:57
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 05:51:54PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>> I think what we want to do is have this code invoked only in
>> test directories that explicitly ask for it, say with a new
>> "--make-testtablespace" switch for pg_regress.
>
> Say, as attached. (Windows part is untested.)

Thanks. I was going to produce something this morning, but you have
been faster than me.

One thing that's changing in this patch is that testtablespace would
be created even if the input directory does not exist when using
--make-testtablespace-dir. I would have kept the creation of the
tablespace path within convert_sourcefiles_in() for this reason.
Worth noting that snprintf() is used twice instead of once to build
the tablespace path string. The Windows part works correctly.
--
Michael