Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, ZEUGSWETTER Andreas IZ5 <Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items
Date: 1999-05-27 15:08:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 27-May-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> > Do we want pg_dump -z to be the default?
>> >
>> I would say yes. A dump without switches should dump everything
>> including permissions. This is what people use to backup their db,
>> but would be of no use if they lose their permissions.
>
> This is the first person to express an opinion, and I agree with it.
> Does anyone have more comments? My idea is to print out a message that
> the -z flag is now the default, and supply another flag to skip
> permission dumping.

I agree. It was brought up a number of months ago when I moved a
database to a new machine, but that was about it.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com