RE: [GENERAL] question on startup with -i parameter

From: "William J(dot) Stotts" <wstotts(at)sonitrol(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] question on startup with -i parameter
Date: 1999-03-10 21:16:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a large database of images that gets accessed from another machine
where the web server resides. I have the initscript starting postgresql
with the following commandline:

su postgres -c '/usr/bin/postmaster -B 256 -i -S -D/var/lib/pgsql'

Whenever I reboot the box, postgres appears to start correctly, but I can't
connect to the database from the web server until I stop and restart
postgres again. I have it starting at S95 in runlevel 3 in sysVinit.

Any ideas or thoughts on this, if possible please reply to me directly as
well as the list.

Thanks
Bill

Bill Stotts | Voice: 860-616-7535
wstotts(at)sonitrol(dot)net | Fax: 860-616-7589
Sonitrol Communications Corp. |

_SONITROL_ Expect the best... | Where do you want to GO tomorrow?