Re: Add table access method as an option to pgbench

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: David Zhang <david(dot)zhang(at)highgo(dot)ca>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add table access method as an option to pgbench
Date: 2020-11-25 03:41:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 03:32:38PM -0800, David Zhang wrote:
> But, providing another option for the end user may not be a bad idea, and it
> might make the tests easier at some points.

My first thought is that we have no need to complicate pgbench with
this option because there is a GUC able to do that, but we do that for
tablespaces, so... No objections from here.

> The attached file is quick patch for this.
>
> Thoughts?

This patch does not apply on HEAD, where you can just use
appendPQExpBuffer() to append the new clause to the CREATE TABLE
query. This needs proper documentation.
--
Michael