RE: Support load balancing in libpq

From: "kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Jelte Fennema' <Jelte(dot)Fennema(at)microsoft(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Support load balancing in libpq
Date: 2022-07-15 04:56:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Jelte,

I like your idea. But do we have to sort randomly even if target_session_attr is set to 'primary' or 'read-write'?

I think this parameter can be used when all listed servers have same data,
and we can assume that one of members is a primary and others are secondary.

In this case user maybe add a primary host to top of the list,
so sorting may increase time durations for establishing connection.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED