RE: Question: test "aggregates" failed in 32-bit machine

From: "kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Question: test "aggregates" failed in 32-bit machine
Date: 2022-09-30 02:39:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Tom,

> Hmm, we're not seeing any such failures in the buildfarm's 32-bit
> animals, so there must be some additional condition needed to make
> it happen. Can you be more specific?

Hmm, I was not sure about additional conditions, sorry.
I could reproduce with followings steps:

$ git clone https://github.com/postgres/postgres.git
$ cd postgres
$ ./configure --enable-cassert --enable-debug
$ make -j2
$ make check LANG=C

-> aggregates ... FAILED 3562 ms

The hypervisor of the virtual machine is " VMware vSphere 7.0"

And I picked another information related with the machine.
Could you find something?

```

pg_config]$ ./pg_config
CONFIGURE = '--enable-cassert' '--enable-debug'
CC = gcc -std=gnu99
CPPFLAGS = -D_GNU_SOURCE
CFLAGS = -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Werror=vla -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -g -O2
CFLAGS_SL = -fPIC
LDFLAGS = -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-rpath,'/usr/local/pgsql/lib',--enable-new-dtags
LDFLAGS_EX =
LDFLAGS_SL =
LIBS = -lpgcommon -lpgport -lz -lreadline -lrt -ldl -lm
VERSION = PostgreSQL 16devel

$ locale
LANG=C

$ arch
i686

$cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 85
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Platinum 8260 CPU @ 2.40GHz
stepping : 7
microcode : 83898371
cpu MHz : 2394.374
cache size : 36608 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 1
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 22
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon xtopology tsc_reliable nonstop_tsc unfair_spinlock eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch arat xsaveopt ssbd ibrs ibpb stibp fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 invpcid avx512f rdseed adx avx512cd md_clear flush_l1d arch_capabilities
bogomips : 4788.74
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

[...]