RE: pgsql: Add a new GUC and a reloption to enable inserts in parallel-mode

From: "tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: 'Amit Kapila' <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <akapila(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: pgsql: Add a new GUC and a reloption to enable inserts in parallel-mode
Date: 2021-04-12 01:40:36
Lists: pgsql-committers

Hello Tom-san, Robert-san, Andres-san, others,

I've just started the following thread.

Parallel INSERT SELECT take 2
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/TYAPR01MB29905A9AB82CC8BA50AB0F80FE709%40TYAPR01MB2990.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

I'm worried that this might not be the right time to ask this now because you might be busy with organizing the beta release, but we'd appreciate your comments and suggestions to set and go in the promising direction. Unfortunately, we couldn't get attention from you for this difficult parallelism topic, and failed to commit it. We'd like to achieve parallel DML in PG 15. I'd be grateful if you could give us advice not to lose time and effort in the wrong direction.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa