RE: libpq debug log

From: "tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "'alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org'" <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: "iwata(dot)aya(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <iwata(dot)aya(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, 'Kyotaro Horiguchi' <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, "tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "k(dot)jamison(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <k(dot)jamison(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: libpq debug log
Date: 2021-03-29 00:45:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
> > Proposed changes on top of v29.
>
> This last one uses libpq_pipeline -t and verifies the output against an expected
> trace file. Applies on top of all the previous patches. I attach the whole lot,
> so that the CF bot has a chance to run it.

Thank you for polishing the patch.

Iwata-san,
Please review Alvaro-san's code, and I think you can integrate all patches into one except for 0002 and 0007. Those two patches may be separate or merged into one as a test patch.

> I did notice another problem for comparison of expected trace files, which is
> that RowDescription includes table OIDs for some columns. I think we would
> need to have a flag to suppress that too, somehow, although the answer to what
> should we do is not as clear as for the other two cases.

I'm afraid this may render the test comparison almost impossible. Tests that access system catalogs and large objects probably output OIDs.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa