RE: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress

From: "osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Amit Kapila' <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress
Date: 2021-09-02 02:22:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I've made a new patch to extend pg_stat_subscription
as suggested in [1] to have columns
xact_commit, xact_error and independent xact_abort mentioned in [2].
Also, during discussion, we touched a topic if we should
include data sizes for each column above and concluded that it's
better to have ones. Accordingly, I've implemented corresponding
columns to show the data sizes as well.

Note that this patch depends on v12 patchset of apply error callback
provided in [3]. Therfore, applying the patchset first is required,
if you would like to test my patch.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1%2BtOV-%2BssGjj1zq%2BnAL8a9LfPsxbtyupZGvZ0U7nV0A7g%40mail.gmail.com
[2] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1KMT8biciVqTBoZ9gYV-Gf297JFeNhJaxZNmFrZL8m2jA%40mail.gmail.com
[3] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAD21AoA5HrhXqwbYLpSobGzV6rWoJmH3-NB9J3YarKDwARBj4w%40mail.gmail.com

Best Regards,
Takamichi Osumi

Attachment Content-Type Size
extend_subscription_stats_of_transaction_v02.patch application/octet-stream 24.0 KB