Re: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress
Date: 2021-08-03 02:47:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 1:13 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 2:52 PM osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com
> <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:
> >

> > Accordingly, I'm thinking to have unsuccessful and successful stats on the sub side.
> > Sawada-san is now implementing a new view in [1].
> > Do you think that I should write a patch to introduce a new separate view
> > or write a patch to add more columns to the new view "pg_stat_subscription_errors" that is added at [1] ?
>
> pg_stat_subscriptions_errors view I'm proposing is a view showing the
> details of error happening during logical replication. So I think a
> separate view or pg_stat_subscription view would be a more appropriate
> place.

+1 for having these stats in pg_stat_subscription. Do we want to add
two columns (xact_commit: number of transactions successfully applied
in this subscription, xact_rollback: number of transactions that have
been rolled back in this subscription) or do you guys have something
else in mind?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.