RE: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress

From: "osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Amit Kapila' <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress
Date: 2021-09-09 08:03:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

On Thursday, September 2, 2021 11:23 AM I wrote:
> I've made a new patch to extend pg_stat_subscription as suggested in [1] to
> have columns xact_commit, xact_error and independent xact_abort mentioned
> in [2].
> Also, during discussion, we touched a topic if we should include data sizes for
> each column above and concluded that it's better to have ones. Accordingly,
> I've implemented corresponding columns to show the data sizes as well.
I've updated my previous patch of subscriber's stats.
The main change of this version is
the bytes calculation that are exported by pg_stat_subscription.
I prepared a new function which is equivalent to ReorderBufferChangeSize
on the subscriber side to calculate the resource consumption.
It's because this is in line with actual process of the subscriber.

Other changes are minor and cosmetic.

Also, this patch is based on the v12 patch-set of skip xid,
as described in my previous email.
Note that you need to use past commit-id if you want to apply v12 set.
I'll update mine as well when the latest patch-set v13 is shared on hackers.

Best Regards,
Takamichi Osumi

Attachment Content-Type Size
extend_subscription_stats_of_transaction_v03.patch application/octet-stream 32.4 KB