RE: Improve logging when using Huge Pages

From: "Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP)" <noriyoshi(dot)shinoda(at)hpe(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, "rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com" <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: RE: Improve logging when using Huge Pages
Date: 2021-09-07 04:09:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Thank you everyone for comments.
In the thread [1] that Horiguchi told me about, there is already a review going on about GUC for HugePages memory.
For this reason, I have removed the new GUC implementation and attached a patch that changes only the message at instance startup.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20210903.141206.103927759882272221.hor

Regards,
Noriyoshi Shinoda