Re: [DOCS] We Need the SGML User's Guide

From: "Ing(dot) Roberto Andrade" <randrade(at)campus(dot)iztacala(dot)unam(dot)mx>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-ayuda <pgsql-ayuda(at)tlali(dot)iztacala(dot)unam(dot)mx>, pgsql-doc <pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] We Need the SGML User's Guide
Date: 1998-08-25 19:38:57
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda

Hi Thomas:

> Do you have access to the development sources? If so, you will find the
> sgml docs in doc/src/sgml/*.sgml
No, I don't have access to the sources, would you please send me the SGML
version of the User's Guide and the Tutorial?

> Also, how would you suggest we try to keep the English and Spanish
> versions synchronized? You would be welcome to put the Spanish version
> into our cvs tree or to simply have us keep you informed of changes.
> However, the latter will be difficult to manage for large changes in
> document structure, for example.
It's a good idea! We'll be glad to have our Spanish version synchronized
on the near future.

> If you would like to "snapshot" the User's Guide, I would suggest doing
> so at the time Postgres-v6.4 is released, in a month or so. The docs
> will have new information and be relatively stable at that time.

Probably we'll wait for the 6.4 version and start wuit the Tutorial.

TIA,

Roberto Andrade Fonseca