Re: How are ppl monitoring PostgreSQL ... ? What is being

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "ogjunk-pgjedan(at)yahoo(dot)com" <ogjunk-pgjedan(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How are ppl monitoring PostgreSQL ... ? What is being
Date: 2006-07-09 20:32:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:

> periodically (every 5 minutes) i do:
> select sum(xact_commit) + sum(xact_rollback) from pg_stat_database
> and then just check against previous value, and calculate "per/second". this
> is actually handled nicely by mrtg itself.

Hubert,

Do you already have a MRTG plugin for postgres that you've written and if so,
care to share it with the rest of us? Or better yet, share it with the
mrtg.org folks? I was thinking of writing one, but if you have one already, I
hate to reinvent the wheel.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/