Re: How are ppl monitoring PostgreSQL ... ? What is being monitored ... ?

From: "hubert depesz lubaczewski" <depesz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jeff Frost" <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Cc: "ogjunk-pgjedan(at)yahoo(dot)com" <ogjunk-pgjedan(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How are ppl monitoring PostgreSQL ... ? What is being monitored ... ?
Date: 2006-07-10 07:54:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 7/9/06, Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com> wrote:

> Do you already have a MRTG plugin for postgres that you've written and if
> so,
> care to share it with the rest of us? Or better yet, share it with the
> mrtg.org folks? I was thinking of writing one, but if you have one
> already, I
> hate to reinvent the wheel.

this is not mrtg plugin. i use snmpd (net-snmpd to be exact), and connect
custom scripts to it using "exec" directive in config.
so basically i have series of scripts which all look more or less like this:
#!/bin/bash
psql -U pgdba -d some_database -qAt 'select .....';

and a series of:
Exec some-name /etc/snmpd/addons/somescript.sh

that's all.

depesz

--
http://www.depesz.com/ - nowy, lepszy depesz