Re: Interval Question

From: Marco Colombo <pgsql(at)esiway(dot)net>
To: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Interval Question
Date: 2005-01-12 09:32:25
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Geoffrey wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com> writes:
>>
>>> Apparently, if DateStyle is set to Sql, it always returns the absolute
>>> value.
>>> Is this due to some Sql standard or is it a bug?
>>

>> It's a bug in interval_out. Looks like it gets it wrong for GERMAN
>> style too. Surprising no one noticed before.
>
> Any idea when I might be able to put my hands on Red Hat 3 rpm versions that
> include this fix?
>
> Currently running postgresql-server-7.4.6-2PGDG
> and would like to stick with the same version. It'd be a whole lot easier to
> apply the fix via rpm rather then having to build from source.

If you really need it, you can rebuild the rpm itself from the .src.rpm.
Adding a small patch is quite easy, even if you're not familiar
with spec files. Usually there are other patches already, all you need
is to move the patch file to the right place (SOURCES in the rpm tree)
and add one PatchXXX: and one %patchXXX line. Then use rpmbuild
(note that you need the development set of packages installed, of course).

.TM.
--
/ / / Marco Colombo