Re: Interval Question

From: Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Interval Question
Date: 2005-01-12 20:01:10
Lists: pgsql-general

We, that is, Geoffrey, applied the patch and rebuilt the rpm's. I have
installed the new rpm and the problem is resolved. We are in the process of
converting a transportation package from a commercial database product to
Postgres. On at least two occassions, I have reported bugs to that software
company, and the bugs were never fixed. We were given work-around hacks and
that was it. We discovered this problem yesterday and it is fixed today. I
guess that is one of many GREAT things about Open Source software ;o)

Thanks to everyone who responded, and especially to Tom Lane, who provided the
patch.

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 04:32 am, Marco Colombo saith:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Geoffrey wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >>
> >> It's a bug in interval_out. Looks like it gets it wrong for GERMAN
> >> style too. Surprising no one noticed before.
> >
> > Any idea when I might be able to put my hands on Red Hat 3 rpm versions
> > that include this fix?
> >
> > Currently running postgresql-server-7.4.6-2PGDG
> > and would like to stick with the same version. It'd be a whole lot
> > easier to apply the fix via rpm rather then having to build from source.
>
> If you really need it, you can rebuild the rpm itself from the .src.rpm.
> Adding a small patch is quite easy, even if you're not familiar
> with spec files. Usually there are other patches already, all you need
> is to move the patch file to the right place (SOURCES in the rpm tree)
> and add one PatchXXX: and one %patchXXX line. Then use rpmbuild
> (note that you need the development set of packages installed, of course).
>
> .TM.
> --
> / / / Marco Colombo
> ___/ ___ / / Technical Manager