Re: client side syntax error position (v3)

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: client side syntax error position (v3)
Date: 2004-03-15 10:04:26
Lists: pgsql-patches

Dear Tom,

> > scroffset += 1; /* XXX fix me when we have screen width info */
> >
> > with calls to a get-the-screen-width-of-this-character subroutine should
> > do the job.
>
> I also looked into it, and it is also a little bit more complex, as the
> extract width must be though from the terminal perspective. Thus the
> truncation part must take into account the terminal lengths. I think it
> would require an additionnal array to store character to terminal column
> mapping that would be used when truncating. I'll do that as soon as the
> needed routines are there for terminal lengths, and submit a new patch.

Well, I finally noticed that you did all that already;-) So I won't
have anything to do. Good;-)

I should think and check before writing...

Also you improved/simplified the code for the better.

I've seen the gettext stuff and buffer data. I was wondering how the
localisation magic could work, it is quite simpler this way. Also you
changed the palloc/pfree stuff to pg_malloc/free. I'll have to check pg
memory management...

Thanks again, have a nice day,

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr