Re: client side syntax error position (v3)

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: client side syntax error position (v3)
Date: 2004-03-15 10:47:52
Lists: pgsql-patches

> > > scroffset += 1; /* XXX fix me when we have screen width info */
> > >
> > > with calls to a get-the-screen-width-of-this-character subroutine should
> > > do the job.

I have committed changes adding "PQdsplen()" which should do the job
above. Quick test with EUC-JP indicates that it is working, but still
need testing for many other encodings. Also, currently for UTF-8 and
MULE_INTERNAL it returns always 1, which is not correct of course. I
will look into this within a week..(i have a dealine for a magazine
article and have no time to do next 3 days)
--
Tatsuo Ishii