Re: PhAdmin3

From: Andreas Tille <tillea(at)rki(dot)de>
To: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PhAdmin3
Date: 2004-02-05 09:22:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr wrote:

> thank you for your mail and thank you for using pgAdmin3.
No thanks is necessary from your site if I'm using this fine program!

> pgAdmin3 is built against wxWindows 2.5.x with particular patches applied. These libs are not in Debian at the moment.
Ahh, this is a reason which is easy to understand.

> During the end of last year Mickael Mesches suggested that we integrate wx build in the pgAdmin3 debian package itself. I didn't get time to finalise this piece of work but it's about to be done now (I mean I have something working, but I need to do some cleaning and testing before I submit it)... My debian Sponsor (V. Renardias) will have a look at it as soon as it is ready and this should then go into official debian.
So I guess no action is required on my side if I see which people are
involved here. ;-)

Perhaps a further idea: Ask the wxWindows maintainer if he might be able
to upload a version of 2.5 to experimental and provide pgAdmin3 there.
The advantage would be that more people will notice this fine project.

Kind regards and thanks for your fine work

Andreas.