Re: MS ODBC drivers?

From: Matthew Lanier <matt(at)cloudfactory(dot)org>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MS ODBC drivers?
Date: 2002-12-19 18:29:23
Lists: sfpug

david-

i'm not sure if this answers your questions, but:

(from doc/FAQ)-
-----

2.1) Are there ODBC drivers for PostgreSQL?

There are two ODBC drivers available, PsqlODBC and OpenLink ODBC.

PsqlODBC is included in the distribution. More information about it
can be gotten from ftp://ftp.PostgreSQL.org/pub/odbc/.

OpenLink ODBC can be gotten from http://www.openlinksw.com. It works
with their standard ODBC client software so you'll have PostgreSQL
ODBC available on every client platform they support (Win, Mac, Unix,
VMS).

They will probably be selling this product to people who need
commercial-quality support, but a freeware version will always be
available. Please send questions to postgres95(at)openlink(dot)co(dot)uk(dot)

See also the ODBC chapter of the Programmer's Guide.

-----

hope that helps!

m@

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002,
David Fetter wrote:

> Kind people,
>
> I know this is a little bit out to left field, but I thought I'd ask.
> I've got the, um, privilege of porting an application that ran on
> MSSQL to Postgres.
>
> The ER diagram is every RDBMS person's nightmare--all boxes, no lines.
> These geniuses decided that 0 is often, but of course not always, the
> same thing as NULL. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
> </rant>
>
> Anyhow, it'd be nice if I could hook up directly to this thing
> (W2K/MS-SQL) from the new box (Linux/PostgreSQL), and I believe ODBC
> is a fairly straightforward way to do it. Any pointers?
> Alternatives? Extra points if I can use Perl's DBI from the Linux
> side.
>
> Big TIA :) :)
>
> Cheers,
> --
> David Fetter david(at)fetter(dot)org http://fetter.org/
> phone: +1 510 893 6100 cell: +1 415 235 3778

Matthew D. P. K. Strelchun-Lanier
matt(at)cloudfactory(dot)org

I'll still be an american long after
dubya has been tried for war crimes.