Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...
Date: 2002-12-18 23:48:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier writes:

> Just curious as to whether any of this is critical enough to force a
> rebuild of the .tar.gz files, or can they wait until v7.3.2? That is my
> only concern ... we can do it, and I can do the announce in the morning
> instead of this evening, just want to make sure that its critical enough

Well the changes are mostly about elimating incorrect information from the
release notes, which is surely critical, and putting in the correct
version number, which is also critical. And neither of these things can
wait for 7.3.2, because that would kind of defeat the point. If you jump
the gun with building the tarballs that's the price you have to pay.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net